Senior Scientist, Cancer Biology
Ikena Oncology is a clinical-stage biotechnology company that discovers and develops patient-directed, biomarker-driven therapies for cancer patients who need life-saving treatment, by understanding what drives their disease. Ikena is advancing five clinical, preclinical, and discovery programs. Ikena has entered into a global strategic collaboration with Bristol Myers Squibb and raised capital from top tier investors OrbiMed Advisors and Atlas Venture.
We are seeking an organized, motivated and creative cancer biologist to help drive and lead Discovery stage projects. They would join an innovative, scientifically rigorous and fast paced team focused on developing breakthrough cancer therapies. A keen sense of what it takes to generate the key data to move a project forward is critical. The successful candidate will bring a sense of urgency and commitment to help Ikena Oncology reach its potential and deliver novel patient-directed therapeutics to patients.
- Experimental design, management, and hands-on implementation of in vitro pharmacology studies critical to initiating new projects and advancing our drug discovery pipeline
- Conduct and oversee research activities with external research organizations (CROs)
- Contribute to the research strategy and goals of studies for early and advanced discovery programs
- Collaborate effectively across Discovery team to enable lead optimization efforts and mechanism of action studies for discovery programs
- Collaborate with Translational Research team to drive and support patient-focused biomarker and indication selection strategies
- Help build the scientific reputation to the outside community with conference presentations and publications
- Ph.D. in relevant field of biomedical research with 5+ years of industry in vitro pharmacology drug discovery experience
- A senior researcher with a desire to translate basic research into new medicines
- Skilled cell biologist with experience designing and hands-on implementation of standard molecular and cellular biology techniques to address key project goals
- Experience demonstrating initiative, project and personnel leadership with in-depth scientific knowledge, and exceptional productivity
- Strong track record in oncology and deep knowledge of multiple fields of cancer biology, reflected in multiple successful projects and publications
- Exceptional analytical and strategic abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Personal attributes: team oriented, goal-driven, organized, highly collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, creative, persistent in the face of obstacles and uncertainty, flexible, self-aware of strengths and weaknesses, objective in the evaluation of data and strongly optimistic about overcoming obstacles.