Senior Research Associate
Ikena Oncology is a clinical-stage biotechnology company that discovers and develops patient-directed, biomarker-driven therapies for cancer patients who need life-saving treatment, by understanding what drives their disease. Ikena is advancing five clinical, preclinical, and discovery programs. Ikena has entered into a global strategic collaboration with Bristol Myers Squibb and raised capital from top tier investors OrbiMed Advisors and Atlas Venture.
Ikena Oncology is seeking a highly talented and motivated research associate to join our Discovery Biology team. This individual will help drive the Ikena drug discovery engine and support translational medicine.
- Perform mammalian tissue culture and standard cell biology protocols, such as: cell transfection, lentiviral production and transduction, western blotting and immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescence, expression analysis via qPCR, and proliferation assays
- Prepare basic laboratory reagents and organizing master stock materials and maintaining inventory of related reagents and supplies
- Design, optimize, and validate in vitro cell-based functional assays
- Maintain accurate and complete electronic laboratory notebooks in a timely manner
- Establish & update SOP documentation for all relevant processes
- Adapt protocols from peer reviewed literature to support ongoing studies
- Contribute to experimental design and assay development and the interpretation of results
- BS with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience, or MS with 3 years of hands-on experience in molecular biology, cell biology or related fields. Industry laboratory experience preferred
- Strong laboratory expertise pertaining to molecular and cellular biology and biochemistry
- Experience with CRISPR-Cas9 mediated genomic editing is desirable
- Experience with animal handling and working with in vivo samples is desirable
- Knowledge of computer software and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad and Prism)
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organization and record-keeping skills
- Capable of working both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate results in written and verbal form
Personal attributes: team oriented, goal-driven, organized, highly collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, creative, persistent in the face of obstacles and uncertainty, flexible, self-aware of strengths and weaknesses, objective in the evaluation of data and strongly optimistic about overcoming obstacles.