Senior Research Associate, Cancer Biology (In Vitro)
Ikena Oncology (NASDAQ: IKNA) is a clinical-stage, targeted oncology company that discovers and develops biomarker-driven therapies for cancer patients who need life-saving treatment, by understanding what drives their disease. Ikena is advancing five clinical, preclinical, and discovery programs and has a global strategic collaboration with Bristol Myers Squibb. Since inception, Ikena has raised over $300 million from leading life sciences investors and companies that include Atlas Venture, OrbiMed, BMS, Fidelity, Omega Funds, Surveyor Capital (a Citadel company), Invus, Farallon Capital Management, BVF Partners, Cowen Healthcare Investments, Logos Capital, and HealthCor Management. Ikena priced its IPO in March 2021 and trades on the NASDAQ (Ticker: IKNA).
We are seeking an emerging cancer biologist to contribute and become a member of our Discovery Biology team progressing our early discovery projects. He/she/they would join a highly dynamic group whose mission is to discover, evaluate, and develop novel therapeutics. The successful candidate will bring a sense of urgency and commitment to help Ikena Oncology reach its potential and deliver novel patient-directed therapeutics to patients.
- Mammalian tissue culture and standard cell biology protocols, such as cell transfection, lentiviral production. and transduction, western blotting and immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescence, expression analysis via qPCR, and proliferation assays
- Preparing basic laboratory reagents and organizing master stock materials and maintaining inventory of related reagents and supplies
- Design, optimize, and validate in vitro cell-based functional assays
- Maintaining accurate and complete electronic laboratory notebooks in a timely manner
- Establishing and updating SOP documentation for all relevant processes
- Adapt protocols from peer reviewed literature to support ongoing studies
- Contribute to experimental design and assay development and the interpretation of results
- Support the organization by maintaining a work environment focused on scientific integrity and foster learning, open communication, and collaboration
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, or other related scientific field and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong laboratory expertise pertaining to molecular and cellular biology and biochemistry
- Knowledge of computer software and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad, and Prism)
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organization and record-keeping skills
- Capable of working both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate results in written and verbal form
Personal attributes: team oriented, goal-driven, organized, highly collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, creative, persistent in the face of obstacles and uncertainty, flexible, self-aware of strengths and weaknesses, objective in the evaluation of data and strongly optimistic about overcoming challenges.