Ikena Oncology (NASDAQ: IKNA) is a targeted oncology company focused on developing cancer therapies targeting key signaling pathways that drive the formation and spread of cancer. Ikena is advancing five programs that include four product candidates in either clinical development or IND-enabling studies and has a global strategic collaboration with Bristol Myers Squibb.
We are seeking an emerging cancer biologist to contribute and become a member of our Discovery Biology team progressing our early discovery projects. He/she/they would join a highly dynamic group whose mission is to discover, evaluate, and develop novel therapeutics. The successful candidate will bring a sense of urgency and commitment to help Ikena Oncology reach its potential and deliver novel patient-directed therapeutics to patients.
- Mammalian tissue culture and standard cell biology protocols, such as cell transfection, lentiviral production. and transduction, western blotting and immunoprecipitation, immunofluorescence, expression analysis via qPCR, and proliferation assays
- Preparing basic laboratory reagents and organizing master stock materials and maintaining inventory of related reagents and supplies
- Design, optimize, and validate in vitro cell-based functional assays
- Maintaining accurate and complete electronic laboratory notebooks in a timely manner
- Establishing and updating SOP documentation for all relevant processes
- Adapt protocols from peer reviewed literature to support ongoing studies
- Contribute to experimental design and assay development and the interpretation of results
- Support the organization by maintaining a work environment focused on scientific integrity and foster learning, open communication, and collaboration
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, or other related scientific field and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong laboratory expertise pertaining to molecular and cellular biology and biochemistry
- Knowledge of computer software and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad, and Prism)
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organization and record-keeping skills
- Capable of working both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate results in written and verbal form
Personal attributes: team oriented, goal-driven, organized, highly collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, creative, persistent in the face of obstacles and uncertainty, flexible, self-aware of strengths and weaknesses, objective in the evaluation of data and strongly optimistic about overcoming challenges.