Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
Ikena Oncology (NASDAQ: IKNA) is a clinical-stage, targeted oncology company that discovers and develops biomarker-driven therapies for cancer patients who need life-saving treatment, by understanding what drives their disease. Ikena is advancing five clinical, preclinical, and discovery programs and has a global strategic collaboration with Bristol Myers Squibb. Since inception, Ikena has raised over $300 million from leading life sciences investors and companies that include Atlas Venture, OrbiMed, BMS, Fidelity, Omega Funds, Surveyor Capital (a Citadel company), Invus, Farallon Capital Management, BVF Partners, Cowen Healthcare Investments, Logos Capital, and HealthCor Management. Ikena priced its IPO in March 2021 and trades on the NASDAQ (Ticker: IKNA).
Ikena Oncology is looking to hire a Sr. Financial Analyst to join the team. Reporting to the Associate Director, FP&A, this role will have a high level of exposure working with department heads to understand the driving cost factors as well helping to ensure the optimal level of spend. The successful professional will be a self-starter, strategic thinker, and action driven professional. This person will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, who excels at managing multiple priorities, who succeeds in communicating with all levels within the organization and provides immediate contribution.
- Support the Associate Director of FP&A with the annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, and long-range planning processes for multiple functional units – operating expense, headcount, and capital expenditures
- Perform financial review of new contracts and purchase requisitions
- Assist in preparation and review of company’s month-end close activities
- Be the key point of contact for all G&A function units for all financial related matters
- Support and manage clinical trial models/framework to provide monthly updates on life-to-date status of ongoing studies
- Support the monthly budget versus actual analysis, reports, and management presentations
- Provide system support (Netsuite, Adaptive): Identify opportunities to streamline and optimize existing budgeting and reporting processes
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 5+ years of progressive finance experience managing aspects of an annual budget and quarterly forecasting process
- Advanced Excel skills with experience in financial modeling and data analysis
- Team player with strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy by monitoring one’s own work to ensure quality results
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight periodic reporting deadlines
- Strong internal client service mindset (both within Accounting/Finance and cross-functionally)
- Experience in Pharmaceuticals and Biotech drug development industry strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of NetSuite, other ERP systems, and Adaptive strongly preferred
Personal attributes: team oriented, goal-driven, organized, highly collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, creative, persistent in the face of obstacles and uncertainty, flexible, self-aware of strengths and weaknesses, objective in the evaluation of data and strongly optimistic about overcoming challenges.