Scientist II, Translational Research
Ikena Oncology is a clinical-stage biotechnology company that discovers and develops patient-directed, biomarker-driven therapies for cancer patients who need life-saving treatment, by understanding what drives their disease. Ikena is advancing five clinical, preclinical, and discovery programs. Ikena has entered into a global strategic collaboration with Bristol Myers Squibb and raised capital from top tier investors OrbiMed Advisors and Atlas Venture.
Ikena Oncology is seeking a highly talented, diversely experienced, and self-motivated translational scientist to join an innovative, scientifically driven and fast paced team focused on developing breakthrough cancer therapies. This individual will work closely with both internal and external translational scientists and clinical team members, to implement and execute translational research strategies for late discovery and development stage programs, with a focus on clinical biomarker activities.
- Collaborate with clinical operations to ensure successful clinical sample management between biomarker analytical labs and clinical sites; help develop appropriate clinical laboratory manuals
- Responsible for clinical CRO management for biomarker execution to ensure successful and timely biomarker testing of the clinical samples
- Drive clinical biomarker data analysis and data package delivery
- As a core translational team member, engage in the identification of pharmacodynamics and patient selection biomarkers
- Participate in clinical biomarker assay development, qualification and validation
- Identify novel methods, tools and platforms to assure state of art technologies available for biomarker development and patient selection strategies
- A Ph.D. in cancer biology, immuno-oncology, genetics, or related fields with 2 years of oncology clinical biomarker experience in the biotech/pharma industry or a MS with 6+ years of similar experience
- Experience working with CROs is required
- Experience working on clinical programs is strongly preferred
- Excellent organization and time management skills with attention to details
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing multiple projects/studies to meet aggressive timeline
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Personal attributes: team oriented, goal-driven, organized, highly collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, creative, persistent in the face of obstacles and uncertainty, flexible, self-aware of strengths and weaknesses, objective in the evaluation of data and strongly optimistic about overcoming obstacles.