Scientist II, Translational Research
Ikena Oncology (NASDAQ: IKNA) is a targeted oncology company focused on developing cancer therapies targeting key signaling pathways that drive the formation and spread of cancer. Ikena is advancing five programs that include four product candidates in either clinical development or IND-enabling studies and has a global strategic collaboration with Bristol Myers Squibb.
Ikena Oncology is seeking a creative, talented and self-motivated translational scientist to join an innovative, scientifically driven and fast paced team focused on developing breakthrough cancer therapies. This individual will work closely with both translational and discovery scientists to execute nonclinical research to inform indication selection, patient stratification, pharmacodynamic biomarker discovery and combination strategies. Critical thinking and ability to derive insights from data are key. The successful candidate will bring a sense of urgency and commitment to help Ikena Oncology deliver novel patient-directed therapeutics.
- Design, manage and implement nonclinical studies critical to understand drug sensitivity /resistance mechanisms, explore novel combination partners, and identify patient stratification and pharmacodynamic biomarkers
- Conduct and oversee research activities with external research organizations (CROs)
- Work effectively across Computational biology, Translational Research and Clinical Development teams to drive indication selection strategies and influence clinical development plan
- Collaborate seamlessly with Discovery Team to execute in vitro and in vivo pharmacology studies to address key translational and mechanism of action questions for discovery programs
- Identify novel methods, tools and platforms to ensure state of art technologies available for biomarker discovery and patient stratification studies
- Contribute to the scientific reputation of Ikena with conference presentations and publications
- A Ph.D. in cancer biology, genetics or related field with 2+ years of biotech/pharma industry experience in translational research
- Skilled cancer biologist with experience designing and hands-on implementation of standard molecular and cellular biology techniques to address key project goals
- Experience demonstrating initiative, project leadership with in-depth scientific knowledge, and exceptional productivity
- A critical thinker with strong analytical, organizational skills
- Proven ability to multitask and experience working with CROs
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions
- Deep knowledge of multiple fields of cancer biology as demonstrated by successful projects, publications and contributions to scientific conferences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Personal attributes: team oriented, goal-driven, organized, highly collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, creative, persistent in the face of obstacles and uncertainty, flexible, self-aware of strengths and weaknesses, objective in the evaluation of data and strongly optimistic about overcoming challenges.