Research Associate/Senior Research Associate
Ikena Oncology (NASDAQ: IKNA) is a clinical-stage, targeted oncology company that discovers and develops biomarker-driven therapies for cancer patients who need life-saving treatment, by understanding what drives their disease. Ikena is advancing five clinical, preclinical, and discovery programs and has a global strategic collaboration with Bristol Myers Squibb. Since inception, Ikena has raised over $300 million from leading life sciences investors and companies that include Atlas Venture, OrbiMed, BMS, Fidelity, Omega Funds, Surveyor Capital (a Citadel company), Invus, Farallon Capital Management, BVF Partners, Cowen Healthcare Investments, Logos Capital, and HealthCor Management. Ikena priced its IPO in March 2021 and trades on the NASDAQ (Ticker: IKNA).
Ikena has an exciting new opportunity to join our team as a Research Associate/Sr Research Associate. In this role you will be responsible for maintenance, expansion, and cryopreservation of murine and human cancer cell lines and work with cellular and molecular assays to define mechanism of action for compounds.
- Maintenance, expansion, and cryopreservation of murine and human cancer cell lines
- Perform cellular and molecular assays to define mechanism of action for compounds and/or PD/efficacy relationships (qPCR, Western Blot, Cytotoxicity etc.)
- Support in vivo studies and sample collections as needed
- Prepare basic laboratory reagents and maintaining inventory of related reagents and supplies
- Maintain accurate and complete electronic laboratory notebooks in a timely manner
- Establish & update SOP documentation for all relevant processes
- Support the organization by maintaining a work environment focused on scientific integrity and fosters learning, open communication, and collaboration
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required
- BS/MS in cell/molecular biology, cancer biology or genetics with at least 1-year hands-on experience in drug discovery
- Experience with sterile technique, passaging cell lines and cell-based assays (cytotoxicity, reporter assays)
- Experience with cell and molecular biology techniques (qPCR, Western blot, ELISA etc.) is highly desirable
- Animal handling experience required; dosing and necropsy experience is highly desirable
- The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, capable of analyzing & presenting their own research with moderate supervision
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment will also be vital
Personal attributes: team oriented, goal-driven, organized, highly collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, creative, persistent in the face of obstacles and uncertainty, flexible, self-aware of strengths and weaknesses, objective in the evaluation of data and strongly optimistic about overcoming challenges.