Research Associate, Pharmacology/ In vivo Biology
Ikena Oncology is seeking a highly talented, diversely experienced and motivated senior pharmacologist / in vivo biologist to join an innovative, scientifically rigorous and fast paced team focused on developing breakthrough cancer therapies. The successful candidate will bring a sense of urgency and commitment to help Ikena reach its potential and deliver novel therapeutics to patients.
- Tissue culture, xenograft and syngeneic tumor research including PK/PD and efficacy studies
- Collection of biological samples from mice (tumor, tissues, serum)
- Develop and conduct assays that support in vivo studies (e.g. qPCR, cytokine analysis)
- Conduct flow cytometry analysis of tumor immune cells
- Conduct additional in vitro biology and cell biology experiments as needed
- Contribute to experimental design and hands-on implementation of immunology/oncology in vivo studies and ex vivo mechanism of action studies
- Help build the scientific reputation to the outside community by contributing to conference presentations and publications
- BS/BA in relevant field of biomedical research
- 2-5 years of in vivo experience with experience in hands-on implementation of animal studies (like daily dosing; tumor model experience a plus)
- Experience with basic laboratory techniques including: tissue culture, western blotting, qPCR, ELISA, and basic microscopy.
- Experience in immuno-oncology is a plus
- Skilled laboratory scientist with a range of relevant biomedical technologies, to address mechanism of action studies in vivo oncology model systems and ex vivo studies
- Excellent lab notebook maintenance
Personal attributes: team oriented, goal-driven, organized, highly collaborative, open-minded, eager to help, creative, persistent in the face of obstacles and uncertainty, flexible, self-aware of strengths and weaknesses, objective in the evaluation of data and strongly optimistic about overcoming obstacles.