Principal Research Associate, In Vivo Pharmacology
Ikena Oncology is a clinical-stage biotechnology company that discovers and develops patient-directed, biomarker-driven therapies for cancer patients who need life-saving treatment, by understanding what drives their disease. Ikena is advancing five clinical, preclinical, and discovery programs. Ikena has entered into a global strategic collaboration with Bristol Myers Squibb and raised capital from top tier investors OrbiMed Advisors and Atlas Venture.
We are searching for Principal Research Associate, in vivo pharmacology, to join the Cancer Biology team. We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills to work hands on conducting in vitro, ex-vivo and in vivo studies to support our expanding pipeline of oncology therapeutics.
A key responsibility of this position will be to provide in vivo dosing support, and to establish and test various in vivo model systems to evaluate both the efficacy and mechanism of action of novel small molecule.
- Design and conduct in vivo anti-tumor efficacy, MTD and PK/PD studies in xenograft and syngeneic models
- Conduct standard in vivo procedures including dosing all routes, tissue necropsy, tumor inoculation and tumor measurements
- Work independently and as a team member to conduct in vivo laboratory studies
- Collaborate effectively across multifunctional teams
- Ability to remain flexible while supporting multiple teams, including presenting data in project team meetings
- The candidate should understand and contribute to IACUC protocol and amendments; perform in vivo experiments to IACUC guidelines
- Maintain experimental records in tumor tracking system, Electronic Notebook, analyze data and prepare study reports
- Perform limited in vitro work including standard cell culture for tumor inoculations
- Bachelors in Biology or Pharmacology and 8+ years in vivo pharmacology drug discovery experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Have experience with oncology tumor models; xenograft and syngeneic models
- Drug administration by multiple routes including PO, SC, IP, IV
- Experience with tolerability, PK/PD, single agent and combination efficacy studies to support compound screening
- Experience with qPCR, FACS analysis and Western blotting are a plus but not required
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with commonly used data analysis programs such as Excel and Prism strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills to impact teams using clear communication
Personal attributes: team oriented, goal-driven, organized, highly collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, creative, persistent in the face of obstacles and uncertainty, flexible, self-aware of strengths and weaknesses, objective in the evaluation of data and strongly optimistic about overcoming challenges.