Manager/Senior Manager, Program Management
Ikena Oncology (NASDAQ: IKNA) is a targeted oncology company focused on developing cancer therapies targeting key signaling pathways that drive the formation and spread of cancer. Ikena is advancing five programs that include four product candidates in either clinical development or IND-enabling studies and has a global strategic collaboration with Bristol Myers Squibb.
Ikena is seeking a highly creative, diversely experienced, and self-motivated Manager/Senior Manager of Program Management to join an innovative, scientifically driven, and fast paced team focused on developing breakthrough cancer therapies. The successful candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams to manage specific programs, ensure clarity of strategy, and facilitate communication across all parties. The ideal candidate will have a scientific background and experience with clinical-stage drug development.
- Serve as a program manager for one or more drug development programs, providing coordination and cross-functional communication to enable teams to meet their goals
- Work with team members to compile high-quality, detailed, integrated cross-functional program plans, manage program activities, timelines, and resources
- Work with the program lead to facilitate decision making and resolve conflicts; proactively identify key risks, timeline and resource constraints, and develop mitigation plans
- Effectively communicate program strategy, status, critical path activity timing, resource requirements, and related issues and/or risks as appropriate
- Effectively lead and manage team meetings by developing agendas, defining and communicating meeting objectives, capturing and disseminating meeting outcomes/information/minutes/action items, and following up on action items
- Work closely with finance team to support program budget tracking and facilitate approval of changes that arise throughout the year due to changing conditions/plans within the program
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred
- 1-5 years of relevant biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry program management experience, with broad knowledge across all facets of drug development
- Self-directed, accomplishment-driven individual with a strong sense of passion and urgency who can work both independently and in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong scientific background and knowledge of the drug development process
- Proven success working in cross-functional teams and fostering open communication, mutual understanding and cooperation
- Close attention to details, innovative problem solving and excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate others, to influence without authority, to negotiate for conflict resolution, and to forge consensus between competing points of view
- Demonstrated success with handling multiple projects and able to handle complexity and prioritize effectively
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
Personal attributes: team oriented, goal-driven, organized, highly collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, creative, persistent in the face of obstacles and uncertainty, flexible, self-aware of strengths and weaknesses, objective in the evaluation of data and strongly optimistic about overcoming challenges.