Director/Associate Director, Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
Ikena Oncology is a targeted oncology company focused on developing cancer therapies targeting key signaling pathways that drive the formation and spread of cancer. Ikena is advancing five programs that include four product candidates in either clinical development or IND-enabling studies. Ikena has entered into a global strategic collaboration with Bristol-Myers Squibb Company for its IK-175 and IK-412 programs.
The Director/Associate Director of Corporate Communications & Investor Relations will be responsible leading the Company’s external investor function as well as manage our external and internal communications ensuring consistent messaging across all platforms to all stakeholders. Reporting to the COO & EVP, Finance, this individual will lead the development, implementation and management of a comprehensive, investor relations plan and manage relationships with the investment community, including investors and equity research analysts. The individual will also be responsible for corporate communications, including media and public relations. Furthermore, the individual will contribute to Ikena branding and internal messaging strategy and execution, collaborating with functional leadership.
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive investor relations strategy
- Lead the planning, direction, and execution of IR/PR/Corporate Communications
- Partner with the CEO, COO & EVP Finance, as well as additional members of the Executive Team to lead and manage quarterly earnings calls, investment conference calls and in-house meetings, road shows, analyst days, and one-on-one meetings
- Support a long-term messaging strategy for the Company, including program level communications/publications strategy with the goal to build awareness at key scientific and medical conferences
- Develop a communication plan to leverage key Company milestones, prepare press releases, presentations, and earnings releases, create management Q&As, conference call scripts, and business descriptions/other information for securities filings and the Company website
- Develop relationships and maintain regular communication with individual investors and select equity research analysts to provide up to date information about events and market trends affecting the Company, with the goal of communicating our long-term vision
- In collaboration with functional leaders, manage internal employee communications and media training
- Assure information is compliant with all SEC regulations and adheres to Regulation FD
- Manage and direct external firms and consultants to deliver high-quality work
- Maintain all corporate communications channels, including the company website and the Company’s social media platforms
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience leading Investor Relations and Corporate Communications in a public biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Established relationships and credibility with the investment community, media and biopharma journalists
- Uncompromising ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise sound judgment and the highest level of discretion; knowledge of SEC and disclosure requirements preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in managing and overseeing contract IR/PR agencies
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Must be independent and highly motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Personal attributes: team oriented, goal-driven, organized, highly collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, creative, persistent in the face of obstacles and uncertainty, flexible, self-aware of strengths and weaknesses, objective in the evaluation of data and strongly optimistic about overcoming challenges.